Off To Sweden

Monday 30 August 2010

Non-move Excitement!!

Ok, this post is not directly related to our move, but I just had to post as it is so exciting!!!

Yesterday morning, at 4am, we got THE phone call!! Please could we go over to my brother's house to look after my niece, Caitlin as they thought that Emma was in labour and they needed to get to the hospital!!  Lucie had a friend sleeping over, so I had to wake all 4 of the girls up, and get them into the car and over to their house. When we arrived, there was no doubt in my mind that she was definitely in labour - the look on her face and the fact that she was leaning against the back of the chair kind of made it obvious! lol!!

As we arrived, Caitlin (who is just 2), woke up and was crying, asking for Matt. I told them to go, and I would go upstairs to her. She cried for a few minutes, until I explained to her that we were all there to look after her. Then I started to sing to her, which I think is what clinched it - I can't sing, so I think she stopped crying in an attempt to stop me singing!!! Meanwhile, Emily, Lucie and Olivia were settling down in the bedroom downstairs and Alice was lying on the sofa, so I went down to be with Alice. Caitlin was still quite unsettled, so after I had been up to her a couple more times, Alice offered to go up. She spoke to Caitlin for a little while, then got into the spare bed in Caitlin's room and they both went to sleep!

At about quarter past seven, Matt called and said that Emma's contractions were coming pretty hard now, every minute, but he just wanted to make sure they were all ok. I said everyone else was asleep so he could relax and go to be with Emma.

He called again at about half nine and asked to speak to Caitlin. He told her that she was now a big sister, and that she had a little sister, called Lily Constance (the name Lily had been chosen by Caitlin)! She was soooo sweet! She kept rolling onto the sofa and giggling! She looked at us and told us that she had a sister! Then for the rest of the morning, she kept saying, every so often, "I'm a big sister" as if by saying it she could make herself believe it!!

I then spoke to Matt and he said that after he spoke to me at half seven, it all went very quickly and she was born about half an hour after that! She weighed 7lbs 3 oz and both Emma and Lily were doing well, although Emma was obviously very tired having had no sleep!

All four girls were so good at looking after Caitlin - they played with her, ate breakfast with her, and I wasn't even allowed to help change her nappy or anything - they did it all!! There was only one time when Caitlin asked for Matt and Emma, but the girls did a great job of taking her mind off of it by playing with her. And Caitlin was an absolute star!  She was sooooo good - she did everything she was told, played nicely and really couldn't have been any better!

Then at lunchtime, Emma's parents came down and later in the afternoon, they took her over to meet her new baby sister. We went home and I started a migraine which just about wiped me out for the rest of the day!

I spoke to Matt this morning, and they are hoping to be home this afternoon. Depending on how Emma feels and what time they get home, we might go over to see them this evening, or tomorrow.  I can't wait to see her! Matt said she has got lots of black hair, just like Emily had when she was born!!

I am a bit surprised that she is a girl as almost everyone I know has said that they thought it would be a boy! Even Emma's grandmother who is usually right thought she would be a boy!

I am so pleased that she has had her now (she wasn't due till next weekend) as it means we will get to see her quite a bit before we move, hopefully. It will be very difficult leaving both Caitlin and Lily as they will change so much between our visits. It is different leaving adults as they can speak on the phone etc, am not sure quite how Caitlin will be when we speak on skype with them, but will hopefully be ok!

Anyway, as soon as I get some photos, I will post the on here!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment